Every Injury Is Like a Puzzle Waiting To Be Solved
My name is Dr. Yvan Trinh, and since I can remember, I’ve
always been fascinated with how the human body works. This is why I became a certified physical therapist in Vancouver, WA. I envision the body as a complex moving machine. When an injury
occurs, something in this machine has broken down.
When I treat a patient, my job is to use my knowledge of the
body and movement, along with my ever-inquisitive mind to
locate the source of the injury and solve the puzzle that is
causing pain and discomfort.
Certified Physical Therapist:
As a CSCS, I utilize scientific knowledge on performance training for the primary goal of improving athletic performance.
– I conduct sports-specific testing sessions
– Design and implement safe and effective strength and conditioning programs
– Provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention
– Perform a full assessment of proper form for multi-joint movements including:
- the barbell squat
- the deadlift
- the power clean
- the clean and jerk
Through my PCES certification, I utilize my knowledge of the pelvic floor, the core, and it’s role in pressure regulation, posture and mobility to treat all impairments related to pregnancy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pelvic floor issues
- Diastis recti (abdominal separation)
- SI join dysfuntion
- Low back pain
- Safe return to exercise
I utilize my evidence based training as a pelvic floor therapist to treat pelvic health conditions related to:
- Pelvic pain
- Pain with intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- including loss of urine when generating intra-abdominal pressure
- urinary urgency
ASTYM is one of the most researched and effective manual therapy treatments and is unmatched in its ability to resolve tendinopathies, scar tissue problems, and more.
This manual therapy technique can:
- regenerates healthy soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerve, fascia, etc)
- eliminates unwanted scar tissue that may be causing pain
- Improves tissue mobility and extensibility for athletic performance
The McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment (MDT) is an internationally acclaimed system of assessment and treatment of any musculoskeletal problems including:
- pain in the back, neck and extremities (ie shoulder, knee, ankle, wrist)
- issues associated with sciatica, sacroiliac joint pain, arthritis, degenerative disc disease, muscle spasms, and intermittent numbness in hands or feet
These treatment principles promote the body’s potential to repair itself and do not involve the use of any medication, heat, cold, ultrasound, needles or surgery. This type of treatment allows patients to learn the principles and empowers them to be in control of their own symptom management rather than relying on medical intervention in the future.
The well known Mulligan Concept is a unique manual therapy treatment approach combining mobilization with active movement or function to reduce pain and improve the patient’s range of motion. It’s highly effective problems such as ankle sprains and shoulder impingement.
FMS is a screening tool that is highly validated in predicting injury. I utilize FMS to examine the quality of movement within 7 different patterns.
Each movement places the individual in positions where weaknesses, imbalances, asymmetries and limitations become noticeable, thereby exposing dysfunction or pain or both.
I use A World of Hurt Pain Classification System to help me identify the predominant pain mechanism of my patients so I can effectively and efficiently treat the primary source of the pain. It also allows me to focus on patient education and active care.
Ancient Eastern Medicine derived, Reiki is hands-on-body healing therapy. I utilize Reiki as an adjunct to my own manual therapy techniques to support the body’s natural abilitly to heal itself.